Do you question the rules, push the boundaries and seek new adventures on the daily? We are Kosan, and we live for new experiences, for the sun on our backs, the wind in our hair and the sand between our toes. We know that the rewards often outweigh the risks, and that the journey can be just as fulfilling as the destination. The world calls to us, begging us to explore its every corner. And we can't help but answer, whole heartedly.
Most importantly, we love to travel. More importantly, we believe in the life changing experience and positive powder of travel. We are striving to create and unite a community of world travellers by launching a platform of globally sourced and inspired clothing, gear and inspiration.
We are deeply committed to making a positive difference in the communities we work within, and to share the stories of the wonderful people we work with. Our products are ethically and environmentally sourced, and we are honoured to support our travellers on their journeys.
Like what you hear? Maybe you can relate? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Check out our open job postings below.
PRODUCT DESIGNER (WOMENSWEAR & MENSWEAR) - Contract
This position is based out of Vancouver, however there could be a remote work opportunity for the right person.
What the job is all about:
- Create and execute the KOSAN DNA in apparel and accessories
- Collaborate with Executive team to contribute to future product vision and direction
- Direct and lead high level presentations to convey design strategy to partners
- Clearly articulate design vision, strategy and plans to the Leadership team
- Responsible for product through all phases of product design - design concept, features, construction techniques, fabrication, trims, prints and branding
- Create partnerships with material research and product development to ensure successful design execution
- Collaborate with Brand on product story telling
- Partner with Product Development Manager to review preliminary costing
- Partner with Product Development team to review all fit measures
- Drive innovative technologies: materials, pattern/part shaping and construction techniques
- Maintain up to date product illustrations throughout the development process
- Provide product details to Product Development: spec drawings, pattern/fit direction and fabric info
- Ensure designs meet Visual Line Plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction
- Assist with current product design changes where necessary to address in-line production issues
- Work with product testers to enhance product development and design wins
- Identify innovation opportunities and trends to create line story and strategy
- Lead research and development of seasonal trends
Who We're Looking For:
- Excellent time manager, communicator, collaborator and creative thinker
- Thrives in fast paced, agile environment
- Macro thinker with micro execution
- Executes on assigned projects within timelines
- All about a transparent, honest and positive team environment
Education & Qualifications:
- Fashion Design Degree or University Degree in design or related field
- Performance sportswear apparel industry experience
- Excellent Illustrator and CAD skills
- Hand sketching skills are a plus
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction, fit and patterns
- Ability to travel internationally
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume, along with some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org