Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. For example, we may collect personal information through our site or our social media pages. When you visit this site or our social media pages, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address, or your gift card details)
- Purchase and return history
- Product preferences
- Your physical characteristics
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described when you connect with the social media network)
How We Use The Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you and operate features on our site
- Process your purchase and return transactions
- Assist with product selection
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social media pages or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; operating our loss prevention program, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements, visit our social media pages, we collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social media pages, such as those of Adobe Site Catalyst and/or Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services, and to exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- For Adobe Site Catalyst visit: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- For Google Analytics you can download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalized content, improve our site, and product and service offerings, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site,to tailor ads displayed on our site and elsewhere, for fraud detection and prevention, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms of Service. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers in Canada, the US and other jurisdictions may disclose information about you if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, including (i) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Kosan Travel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our social media apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network:
- Facebook: visit the the Facebook Help Center
When you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us