Senior Apparel Product Developer
Who we are looking for…
Are you well-travelled? Do you love (LOVE) travelling?!
Kosan is looking to add someone to our product development and management team to help us make the best product for travel on the planet.
Our whole team is deeply and relentlessly committed to making the most beautiful and functional product possible. Getting our prototypes in is like Christmas to us, and we can’t wait to pick them apart and test them out. We are looking for someone who is a bit of a perfectionist and who shares the same desires as us. The ideal candidate isn’t fazed by critical feedback on the product, and who won’t take it personally when something isn’t quite right yet.
Kosan is on a rapid growth trajectory, and not all of our systems and processes are in place yet. If you’d like to be in a role where you can help shape the vision and direction of product and the company, this might be the place for you.
We are looking for a Senior Product Developer who will be responsible for overseeing the management of key projects, including hands on product development.
- Establishing development and bulk production timelines and action plans for the full product team
- Daily management of the Critical Path, ensuring each project stays on track
- Leading daily / weekly team meetings and check ins to assign tasks and check progress
- Selecting and confirming appropriate vendors for each new project
- Consulting on fabric development and advising design on fabric suitability
- Managing daily communication with all external vendors
- Confirming and negotiating FOB costs with vendors
- Requesting and confirming fabric facts, FDS and test reports with support of Raw Materials team
- Arranging raw material orders for sampling and bulk
- Identifying potential fit, quality, and production issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining the design’s original vision
- Creating technical sketches (CADs) and complete tech packs, including Bill of Materials (BOM), size specs, and graded measurements
- Managing branded trim developments, including design, costing, sample approval, and testing
- Managing garment sample approval tracking
- Managing all in house, vendor, and 3rd party testing for fabrics, trims, and garments
- Establishing Kosan fit guide and maintain size grading consistency
- Leading Garment Fittings
- Communicating revision and fit comments to vendors, including reviewing digital patterns
- Placing bulk purchase orders and monitoring logistics
- Arranging 3rd party inspections and audits
- Supporting the marketing and sales team with product knowledge and customer queries
- Being a creative problem solver and providing input to product improvement and construction methods
- Top candidates will be experienced with:
- A variety of product and garment types including knits, wovens, and accessories
- Textile print and pattern design
- Trim design and development
- Fabric sourcing and development
- 7+ Years’ experience
- Degree or Diploma in Fashion Design or related field required
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, colour ways, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Excellent attention to detail through design
- Expert understanding of adobe software
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects
- Being open to critique and adjusting to an ever changing market and workplace