Who we are looking for…
Are you well travelled and love, love travelling?!
Kosan is looking to add someone to our product development team to help us make the best product for travel on the planet.
Our whole team is deeply committed and relentless about making the most beautiful and functional product possible. Getting our prototypes in is like Christmas to us and we can’t wait to pick them apart and test them out. We are looking for a bit of a perfectionist who shares the same desires as us and isn’t fazed by critical feedback on the product or takes it personal when something isn’t quite right yet.
Kosan is on a rapid growth trajectory and not all the systems and processes are not in place yet. If you’d like to be in a role where you can help shape the vision and direction of product and the company, this might be the place for you.
We are looking for a technical designer who will be responsible for developing exceptional Kosan product through the entire development of a garment.
The role would include:
- Lead Garment Fitting
- Establish Kosan fit guide and maintain size grading consistency
- Creating full tech packs
- Work closely with production manager to track timing of proto sampling
- Maintain accurate BOM and assist production manager in trims development and sample tracking
- Identify potential fit, quality and production issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining the design’s original vision
- Can create detailed BOM’s
- Be a creative problem solver and provide input to product improvement and construction methods.
Top candidates will also be experienced with
- Pattern design
- Trim development
- 3+ Years’ experience
- Degree or Diploma in Fashion Design or related field required
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color ways, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Excellent attention to detail through design
- Expert understanding of adobe software
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects
- Being open to critique and adjusting to an ever changing market and workplace